25 Aug How To Get Yelp Reviews
It’s not a secret that reviews are the backbone to growing your business. People like to hear from other people. A question I get asked frequently is how do I get them? Great question!
The first step is doing a stellar job. If you don’t have happy clients you won’t get terrific reviews that will help you grow your business. And stellar job means every aspect of your customer’s experience from beginning to end. So that’s your first order of business.
The second step is ask for reviews. There are many ways to do it, from sending an email to promoting it at your location to personally requesting it. But there are some ground rules.
- Don’t incentivize your customers to leave a review. This is a common practice in dental offices, a $5 Starbucks gift card or a discount on future services. There is no way to do it that is not icky, so just don’t do it.
- Be timely. The best way to get a review from a customer is immediately after their purchase, so invest in some automation that makes it happen quickly.
- Make it easy on them. Add in the links to your emails!
- Let them know how much you appreciate their feedback. Help your customers understand how much a review means to you. Most people don’t think about it and even if they have a great experience might not do it. So tell them!
- What platforms mean the most? For now, Yelp. But Google is edging in on the review business and it’s worthwhile encouraging both platforms. Facebook is also great for exposure. A tactic that sometimes works is to suggest to the customer that they can copy and paste the review in multiple places to help you out the most. That’s potentially 3 reviews for the price of one! It’s worth a try.
Invest in a great customer experience and you will get reviews. These are just a few tips that can help accelerate the process.